Google

Sunday 29 May 2011

Interview with Lydia Emily






q)Who are you? Where are you from and where do you live now?

a)Lydiaemily Archibald. From Los Angeles, Ca and live in LA now.

q)What is it that you do? What media do you use?

a)Political street fine artist. I use oil paint on the Sunday New York Times, glues to canvas.

q)What do you think sets your work apart?

a)I do oil painting, which is rare in the street art world.

Then I make prints of the art for wheat pasting. I also only do politics.


q)How long have you been showing your work for? Did you have a “big break?”

a)Been painting for 20 years, only showing for 8. I think the Hope Gitmo piece

that spread across Africa through social media gave me my biggest push with fans,

But the Winston Churchill piece I did got in the most art forums. So I guess its a toss up.

But am really thankful for the attention I received for all my work.


q)What are some things that have inspired you?

a)People like Robbie Connell. People who believe if you have the world as your stage you

must say something about it. People who aren't just witnesses.


q)What have you been working on recently?

a)Politics, of course, but trying to say more about Africa, About oil. About my part in that.

q)Do you listen to music while you create your work? If so, would you give some examples?

a)The Twilight Singers always cast a serious mood.

q)Do you do work in any other media? Other projects not necessarily related to your main body of work?

a)No.

q)What advice do you have for artists looking to show their work?

a)Don't give up. I worked for 12 years before anyone would hang a painting, then, when I did get in to a gallery

my work was taken down because people patrons were offended.

q)Do you have any upcoming exhibitions of your work that you can mention?

a)The next show I will be in is the "LA Vs. The War" show in Los Angeles in September.

q)Do you have any upcoming exhibitions of your work that you can mention?

a)Not yet, sorry.


q)Where can people see more of your work on the internet?

a)http://lydiaemily.com/

Lydiaemily-Facebook

http://lydiaemilyarchibald.tumblr.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home